If you cannot source Ethanol, or you simply don’t want to spend the money on it as you already currently use liquid Minoxidil, aside from K&B solution, one of the only other viable alternatives would be to mix your RU58841 raw powder in your Minoxidil liquid.
This will only work if you use Minoxidil liquid, and won’t work if you use the foam.
Or you could simply use the foam during your morning application of Minoxidil, and then use the liquid RU58841 combo mixture at night for your second Minoxidil application.
Ultimately it will be up to you what you find optimal for which type of Minoxidil you use, and what fits into your hair loss prevention protocol and what doesn't.
There are advantages and disadvantages to mixing your RU58841 with Minoxidil liquid
- Cheaper if you already use Minoxidil liquid every day
- Efficient as Minoxidil already comes in separate 60 ml bottles (very close to the standard 50ml PG + Ethanol solutions we use to measure and mix our RU58841
- Easy to find and very cheap
- Requires that you use Minoxidil every single time you apply RU58841 because they are mixed
- Makes small dosing changes near impossible because if you want to alter your RU58841 dosage, then you will also be forced to alter your Minoxidil dosage, which could lead to unwanted side effects.
- Perhaps exhibits less efficacy/ability to deliver RU58841 to the hair follicles than a 70%/30% Ethanol/Propylene Glycol solution can
If you already use Minoxidil liquid every day, you want to use RU58841, and your dose has consistently proved to be constant between the two compounds, you may be in the ideal position to use your Minoxidil liquid as your mixing solution for RU58841.
What You Will Need To Mix Your Own RU58841 And Minoxidil Combination Solutions
How To Mix Minoxidil And RU58841
It is actually quite simple how to mix the two, and it simply involves some basic math.
Hypothetically, let’s say you want to make a 5% strength 50mg/ml RU58841 solution (the most popular dosage/strength).
Because Minoxidil bottles come in 60ml each, you will need to measure out 3000mg (3 grams) of RU58841 raw powder per bottle of Minoxidil.
To do this, turn on your scale and make sure it’s measuring in grams as its’ unit of measurement.
Once you see that it’s turned on and at 0 grams, put an empty beaker on the scale.
After the measurement has stabilized, turn the scale back to 0 with the beaker still on it by pressing the “Tare” button.
Once you press this, it will reset the scale to 0 even with the beaker on it.
The purpose of this is so we can determine what 3 grams of RU5881 powder is without the beaker screwing up our measurement.
Add 3 grams of powder to the empty beaker on the scale until you see the scale reading 3 grams.
Once you’ve done that, you can turn off the scale and put it away.
Adding The RU58841 Powder To The Minoxidil Liquid Solution
Get a funnel out and pour the 3 grams of RU58841 powder you just measured out into one of the 60ml bottles of Minoxidil liquid.
Shake and swirl the solution lightly until the RU58841 powder has completely dissolved inside the bottle, and the solution is completely clear.
That’s all there is to it.
Now you have a bottle of Minoxidil with 50mg of RU58841 in each ml of solution.